Practical and economic, the all new VMG Lite is a professional and multipurpose Data Glove. The new VMG Lite is a complete and innovative sensor for motion detection. Thanks to its (5) embedded sensors, it is possible to accurately measure the finger movements, while the embedded 9 axes (3 axes accelerometer, 3 axes gyroscope and 3 axes magnetometer) motion sensor allows to sense both the hand movements and the hand orientation (roll and pitch and yaw).
The glove communicates with external devices via USB cable or WiFi connection.
WiFi communication uses standard TCP IP sockets, the standard port is 2000. The use of WiFi communication, instead of Bluetooth or Zigbee, allows the use of multiple data gloves inside the same environment without reducing the sampling rate.
The glove can be powered directly from USB or use internal battery for complete unwired use. The internal 3.7V 300mAh battery guarantees around 6 hours of continuous use. The internal battery can be recharged with the provided USB cable.
The innovative design allows users to completely remove all the sensors and the electronic board, so the glove can be cleaned or changed.
The combination of a high resolution with a low price makes the VMG Lite a perfect solution to expand and integrate your virtual reality project, tele-robotic application and motion capture task, or anything you can think it is possible to do with a data glove.
Power Supply: USB or with embedded rechargeable battery
Load Current: Max 220mA, 50mA in standard operation mode
Operating Temperature: 0 to 50 °C
Storage Temperature: 0 to 70 °C
Finger Sensing Resolution: 12 bit (4096 step)
Sampling rate: 10 - 100Hz (customizable)
Number of finger sensors: 5 (one per finger)
Hand orientation resolution:
◦ ROLL: ± 0.01°
◦ PITCH: ± 0.01°
◦ YAW: ± 0.05°
◦ Programmable full scale range: +-2g, +-4g +-8g
◦ Digital 3 axis accelerometer
◦ 16 bit ADC acquisition
◦ High-g interrupt for falling detection
◦ Digital-output X-, Y-, and Z-Axis angular rate sensors (gyroscopes)
◦ Improved low-frequency noise performance
◦ Digitally programmable low pass filter
◦ 3-axis silicon monolithic Hall-effect magnetic sensor with magnetic concentrator
◦ Output data resolution is 13 bit (0.3 μT per LSB)
◦ Full scale measurement range is ±1200 μT
◦ Self-test function with internal magnetic source to confirm magnetic sensor operation
Glove dimension: One size fits many size (elastic). The glove is available both in right and left version
Output Connector: micro USB
◦ Qualified 2.4 -GHz IEEE 802.11b/g transceiver
◦ High throughput, 1 Mbps sustained data rate with TCP/IP and WPA2
◦ On board ECOS-OS, TCP/IP stacks
◦ FCC/CE/ICS certified and RoHS compliant
Glove with the sensors
Embedded Control board
CD ROM containing the drivers and the software suite